Thursday, April 1, 2010

1 Year Ago

One year ago today I lost a little piece of my heart. My grandma passed unexpectedly. I was very close to my grandma. Always spending time with her and thought she would be around forever. Things I miss the most are our conversations, about the Jazz, the books she is reading, catching up with her about what was new with me and my kids.
As a kid she took me to my first Jazz game. I even chose my grandma to write an autobiography about in the 6th grade. My grandma was a strong woman. Raised three kids alone, and even had to learn how to read again after her storke. She amazed me.
It has been a tough year. I find myself crying when I am alone sometimes just because I miss her so much. I am happy to have the amazing memories of my grandma and know she lives on in my heart.

No comments: