Friday, July 29, 2011

Florence on Day 3

Day 3, we decided to be real adventurous and take the train to Florence. It was a crammed 10 minute bus ride to the train station. A 30 minute train (just as crammed) to Pisa, finally we had seats and another hour to Florence.

But we finally arrived Florence.
Holy Scooters!

The Duomo


We stopped for lunch and a sidewalk cafe.


Pizza!




We found: The "fake" David, The Neptune fountain, Cellini Perseus statue, and The Hercules and Cacus Statue.


Ponte Vecchio - Medieval bridge over the Arno River

So really we walked around the city with no tour guide. So I honestly have no idea what the meaning behind anything is we saw. But at least I can say I saw it!


After all that walking, I had to stop for a delicious galeto!

After spending some time in Florence, I really wanted to stop in Pisa and see the leaning tower. However my foot was in enough pain and I couldn't stand doing any more walking than I had too. We had one small detour, the Florence train station. We sat and people watched for 2 hours. Becuase we some how managed to read the arrivals board and by the time we reliezed it, we had to wait 2 hours for the next train.

No comments: