Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 4 Portofino, Italy & Day 5 St. Tropez, France


Portofino, has to be one of the days I was most excited for. I really wanted to see Cinque Terre. However after the day prior in Florence I knew my injury would hold me back.

We got off and decided to just walk the city.
Portofino is a small Italian fishing village, comune and tourist resort located in the province of Genoa on the Italian Riviera. The town crowded round its small harbour is considered to be among the most beautiful Mediterranean ports.
It really was just an amazing little town.


Lots of yachts.
This one below, was told to be Bill Gates yacht. If you look closely it has a helicopter on it.


We pulled into St. Tropez, and found nothing but yachts.


For many, St. Tropez conjres up images of endless beaches, suntanned bodies, an celebrities enjoying martinis on the deck of a luxury yacht. St. Tropez is all of this and plenty more. Although its best known today as a glitzy playground for the rich and famous.


The water was such a beautiful shade of blue.


I really just wanted to rest and try and heal my foot. So the day in St. Tropez was my day to do just that. I sat by the pool most of the day. But did adventure out and see a little of the city.


The streets are narrow with lots and lots of high end stores.


I may have only got off and seen a little bit of the city, but at least I can say I have been there.

No comments: