Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was a busy one as usual. Great food, family and football what more could you ask for. Jackson enjoyed his first Thanksgiving. Once the olives were on his fingers he knew what to do next... Eat them!
So the beginning of the month I had a friend that posted a challenge on Facebook. To list something that I was thankful for each day up to Thanksgiving. Considering everything that had just happened I thought it was a good challenge.
Here is my list:
  • Anthony - It was rough getting him here, and he had a rough start. However I don't know where I would be without him.
  • Jackson - It has been such a joy watching him over the last 10 months and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me.
  • Veterans - Without you there wouldn't be the freedom we have today.
  • Shane - He can drive me crazy some days but he is an amazing father and is there for me no matter what.
  • My parents - I wouldn't be who I am today without them. And they are always there for me.
  • Next I was thankful for the fact that Jackson actually slept in his crib. After 2 nights of him not feeling good and having to sleep in the recliner with him. I don't think I would would have been able to handle another night in the recliner.
  • My home - I love having a house for my kids to grow up in with a yard for them to play in. Something I have worked so hard for.
  • Next I was thankful for the chance to spend the Holidays at home with the kids.
  • Today I was thankful for the chance to receive some great classes on coping with change and resume writing... Again...
  • Friends - I have some amazing ones!
  • Next I was thankful that my jury duty fell through. I was not looking forward to spending the day in a court room.
  • Paydays - Even if it isn't my payday.
  • Girls nights out - even if it's just movie and dinner... It's great to get out!
  • Lazy Sundays - Great day to unwind, take a nap, enjoy the day with family and watch football.
  • Dvr - It drives me crazy to watch things live with commericals.
  • Cleaning the basement - Shane was home to watch the kids and I was able to get the basement cleaned up.
  • Today I was thankful that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. This was so much harder then it seemed to come up with something new each day.
Below is something that made me smile. Anthony brought this project home from school on Monday. This is what a 4 year old is thankful for:
  • Playing video games
  • Giving his brother hugs
  • Grandma & Grandpa
  • Mommy helping him
  • Dragon Eggs
Which should read Dragon Age, a video game that Shane has been playing but I'm sure when he was telling the teacher his items she had no idea what Dragon Age was she must have thought he was saying Dragon Eggs.
Now it is time to start preparing for Christmas!

No comments: