Friday, November 6, 2009

A New Chapter

Today is a bittersweet day. It is my last day at AAA. I have been here for a little over 4 years and have absolutely LOVED my job. I've survived 2 layoffs, made some great friends, and traveled to some great places.
Last thursday we received word that they are elimanting my posistion. I'm still not to sure how to feel about the whole thing. I'm not bitter but I am sad. I love what I do! I'm sure as I walk out the door for one last time today the emotions will hit me like a ton of bricks.
I do have to say with all the layoffs I've been through with AAA (without loosing my job). They do take care of you. We are being paid through the end of the year and will get a decent severence afterwards.
On the upside of things. I can enjoy the Holidays with the kiddos. I might even try and find a part time job through Christmas just to get me out once in awhile. I can go to the Festival of Trees before the crowds on saturday. I can see New Moon durning the day instead of waiting till the evening it comes out. Best news of all I don't have to drive down town in the snow. I know I will be ok. It is just time for a new chapter in my life.

No comments: